Monday, May 18, 2009

Bat Them Lashes!

I think it's a crime to leave my house without at least one coat of mascara. Nothing fixes a hangover/no sleep/"I hate my life" face better than some long, dark, full lashes. I currently have about 6 tubes of different brands in my makeup drawer and I alternate which one I wear depending on the look I want to get. Here are some of my faves:

Christian Dior - DiorShow Spectacular Volume Intense Black Khol
By far the most dramatic mascara I've ever tried. One wand swipe of this stuff and you've got serious sex kitten eyes. I use it for nights out and every time I do a smokey eye because it's intense enough to define your eyelashes from the dark shadow and liner. But at $24 a tube and a teacher's salary... I try to save it for special occasions, lol.

Maybelline New
York - Intense XXL Volume & Length Microfiber Mascara
This is 2nd runner up... This mascara can give me pretty dramatic dark lashes but needs more than one coat. First you apply the microfiber basecoat (the white end) and then the topcoat (black). One problem is if you don't coat every lash, you can see the white basecoat. Also, it seems you get less mascara because it's a double end tube. But for girls on a budget, you can still get a thick, dark effect for about $7.

Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara
This mascara is so much fun! Based on your eye color, different metallic specks make your eyes look brighter. It has one of those no-clump rubber brushes so it's easy to define and seperate lashes. I bought the "Black Pearl" for brown eyes and the "Black Ruby" for green eyes (hey, a girl can dream...). A tube goes for average price of $6-$7.

Benefit San Francisco - A Little Bit BADgal Lash Mascara

This is perfect for a mascara addict (I swear people, it's a heathly addiction, not a Tammy Faye Bakker kind, yikes!) It's a miniature version of Benefit's BADgal Lash Mascara with the same oversized brush. You can literally fit it in that tiny little pocket in your jeans... what else is that for anyway?! Shove this lil tube in there and your lashes will never be dull again! $9, only at Sephora.

Maybelline New York - Define-a-Lash Waterproof Lengthening Mascara
My everyday, all-natural, girl next-door mascara. It gives my lashes enough color, length, and seperation to help me look more awake and not overdone. This really does lengthen and the superthin rubber wand keeps it from clumping. It lasts all day and it's not a pain in the butt to remove like most waterproof mascaras. Average price of $6-$7.

There are tons of different types of mascaras with special brushes, colors, formulas for volume, length and definition to fulfill any girl's desire. Grab a tube, swipe some on, and go bat them lashes!


No comments:

Post a Comment